Start today by opening a secure account on the web at Healthcare.gov website.
Or, get help by phone at the Call Center, 24 hours a day: 1-800-318-2596 or TTY: 1-855-889-4325.
Many people are using the website and call center, resulting in unpredictable wait times and length of time it will take to enroll. Remember, you have until December 23, 2013, to enroll and have your new health insurance coverage begin on January 1, 2014.
You can review the application on paper by downloading an individual or family application.
Answer a few easy questions and you’ll get:
- A list of coverage options you may qualify for including specific plans in your county and premium costs along with out-of-pocket costs.
- Answers that will help you make good decisions
- A personalized checklist to help you get ready to apply
- You’ll select looking for personal or family coverage, or for a small business.
- For Individual or Family Coverage, you’ll fill in your
- State you live in
- If you do or do not have insurance bought on your own or through your work.
- Some unique situations, like being pregnant or a veteran, and others.
- If you have pre-existing conditions.
- How many people live with you.
- Best guess on total household income for 2014.
The next screen is a list of health insurance options for you, top information customized to your situation, next steps and a customized checklist that helps you get ready to enroll.
Healthcare.gov is available in English and Spanish.