Enrollment assisters are trained individuals or organizations that provide detailed help for people to enroll in health insurance products through the Marketplace, including BadgerCare Plus. To learn more about how these assisters are trained and the scope of their services read the federal and state guidelines listed below. You can also use this information to learn about how you can get involved.
- Federal Government: Assistance Roles Definition Brief
- Federal CMS: Commonly Asked Questions
- Navigator Resource Guide from Robert Wood Johnson Foundation
- Wisconsin Marketplace – How You Can Help (from CMS)
- Wisconsin Insurance Commissioner: Navigators/Non-Navigators/Certified Application Counselors
- Wisconsin Certified Application Counselor FAQs
Enrollment assisters in Wisconsin are listed in the following directories:
The Statewide Enrollment Guide
The Wisconsin Enrollment Directory is a useful referral tool for those who need to direct consumers to a Certified Application Counselor, Navigator or other Public Benefits assister in their area. Developed from a state-wide survey, it’s a robust and growing listing that will be updated periodically.
Milwaukee Enrollment Guide
The Milwaukee Health Care Partnership developed this referral guide to help Milwaukee County residents secure enrollment assistance in public health benefits or private health insurance through the Marketplace. The directory is updated on a routine basis. Please check www.mkehcp.org or dial 2-1-1 for the most recent site information.